- Time: 2 days 1 Night
- Depart in: Ha Noi
- Fee: 860.000VNĐ
The beautiful landscape of Thac Ba is the combined work of Mother Nature and artificial effort of people. With 1300 separate islands, Thac Ba Lake is the habitat of 12 different ethnic minorities, which made the culture here well diversed and unique.
Even though we have been to Thac Ba Lake for so many times, we still get deeply impressed by the beauty and special cultural characteristics of this place. And the most amazing thing is all these special characteristics of Thac Ba have not been interfered with by the growth of the economy.
Thac Ba Lake is considered the largest and most beautiful manmade lake in Northern Vietnam. However, it has not received the correct level of investment for tourism. The main reason for this is that the local people are not highly aware of the potential for tourism lies in their own community. Therefore, V.E.O has decided that action must be taken to bring the beauty of Thac Ba to more and more tourists in order to improve the lives of local people.
Many V.E.O volunteers have set foot on this beautiful land to be teachers and propagandist to guide the local Dao ethnic on how to preserve and maintain the rich ecosystem of Thac Ba Lake. We also amend and improve the local facilities to ensure the quality of tourism services as well as preserving the pure gorgeousness.
Project implemented: Develop the community and preserve the ecosystem of Thac Ba Lake
Objective: Help the local Dao ethnic in Dong Ty Village to fully exploit the tourism potential of Thac Ba Lake. Therefore, improving the quality of life of people in Dong Ty Village.
Time: Since September 2015
– Establish unofficial education for local people to guide them on how to protect the diversed ecosystem.
– Establish English classes for local people to communicate with foreign tourists.
– Study and improve the ecosystem for people in Dong Ty Village.
- 6h00 – 6h30: Gather at 110 Thai Thinh, Hacinco Hotel.
- 6h30 – 11h00: Depart to Thac Ba.
- 11h00 – 13h30: Have lunch and prepare for the Afternoon Activities.
- 13h00 – 14h00: Gather at the Village’s chief in order to prepare for the tasks.
- 14h00 – 17h00: Assigned groups will executive their tasks:
- Marketing group take charge of taking photos, videos of Thac Ba.
- Teaching group moves to the primary school to teach English, soft skills and environmental protection for the children.
- Logistic group will guide and help the homestays to decor and rearrange the infrastructure so as to attract the tourists.
- Program group will prepare for the Gala night including cultural exchange with the local, rehearse for the night program.
- 17h00 – 19h30: Rest, dinner, take shower.
- 19h30 – 22h00: Gala night, teambuilding, campfire, dancing…
- 22h00: Sleeps at the home-stays. (Are the renovated houses of the local for serving tourist purpose)
- 6h30 – 7h00: Wake up, personal hygiene and have breakfast.
- 7h00 – 11h00: Visit the majestic O Do waterfall. Excursions on Thac Ba Great, explore mysterious desert island. Fun team building activities and attractions.
- 11h00 – 13h00: Lunch.
- 12h30 – 13h00: Take a rest, prepare to leave.
- 13h00 – 17h30: Depart back to Hanoi. Arrive Hanoi, end of journey.
– Return Bus journey
– Stilt for 2 days and 1 night
– 3 main meals and 1 supper
– Mineral water
– Tourism Insurance
– Entrance tickets for sightseeing destination
– Explore and support the community
Volunteer for Education Organization
In case of disaster, the trip will be canceled
Extra 10% security fee for international volunteer