- Schedule: 2 days 1 night
- Depart at: Ha Noi
- Fee: 1.000.000 VND
Bản Cỏi - Phú Thọ - V.E.O
Located in Xuan Son National Park, it is not an overstatement to say that Coi village belongs to another world, the world V.E.O has named “3 No’s”: “No phone signal – no wifi – no toilets”.
This special name emphasizes the fact that Coi village is still a wild, beautiful place but at the same time undeveloped. V.E.O volunteers will have the chance to explore the almighty jungle, enjoy the wonderful Man pork, immerse your self in the traditional Dao dance and last but not least, take part in the adventurous trekking journey through the mysterious jungle.
Treasuring the beauty Mother Nature has granted this place and the unique Dao tradition, V.E.O want to contribute our strength and resources to preserve and develop the custom of Dao ethnic. We also want to take full advantage of the huge potential of Coi Village to develop its community based tourism. That is the main reason we established the project “Preserving the Dao traditional character and developing community based tourism in Coi Village” in 2015.
After more than a year of implementing the project, with the great help from the volunteers, V.E.O has step-by- step completed our project through improving ommunication skill, English skill as well as marketing Dao ethnic custom and improving the local facility in order to take full advantage of the tourism potential in this wonderful land.
Project implemented: Preserve the Dao ethnic tradition and impulse community based tourism.
Objective: Preserving the Dao ethnic tradition. The participation of V.E.O volunteers will also promote the location, which will help taking advantage of the tourism potential in Coi Village, therefore improving the life of local people.
Time: Since March 2015.
– Exploit and popularize the Dao tradition.
– Find and develop the suitable community-based tourism model.
– Establish classes to improve tourism, communication and English skills for local people.
In unofficial education
From 20-40 students will join in the community class.
The students acknowledge 12 English basic systems of vocabulary
12 lessons about science, environment will be shared to the students
Develop the infrastructure for VEO bookshelf
Build the bookshelf with 500 qualified books
Donate 2 bookshelves to the school
In community development
Add 1 more fully-equipped homestay in either Coi village or Lap village
Support 1 household in providing food service to the tourists
Support 4 households in Coi village and Lap village to build a standard toilet or cattle farm
Provide to the two villages 10 patterns, samples of textile products to maintain the traditional job
Complete “Trang Nguyen road” which is covered with poinsettia on the road side
- 6h00 – 6h30: Gather at 110 Thai Thinh, Hacinco Hotel.
- 6h30 – 11h00: Depart to Coi village.
- 11h00 – 13h30: Have lunch and prepare for the Afternoon Activities.
- 13h00 – 14h00: Gather at the Village’s chief in order to prepare for the tasks.
- 14h00 – 17h00: Assigned groups will executive their tasks:
- Marketing group take charge of taking photos, videos of Coi.
- Teaching group moves to the primary school to teach English, soft skills and environmental protection for the children.
- Logistic group will guide and help the homestays to decor and rearrange the infrastructure so as to attract the tourists.
- Program group will prepare for the Gala night including cultural exchange with the local, rehearse for the night program.
- 17h00 – 19h30: Rest, dinner, take shower.
- 19h30 – 22h00: Gala night, teambuilding, campfire, dancing…
- 22h00: Sleeps at the home-stays. (Are the renovated houses of the local for serving tourist purpose)
- 6h30 – 7h00: Wake up, personal hygiene and have breakfast.
- 7h00 – 11h00: Discover the marble cave, naturally crystal clear lake. Climbing the mountain, visit the waterfall and trekking through the woods.
- 11h00 – 13h00: Lunch.
- 12h30 – 13h00: Take a rest, prepare to leave.
- 13h00 – 17h30: Depart back to Hanoi. Arrive Hanoi, end of journey.
- Return bus journey
- Stilt for 2 days and 1 night
- 3 meals and 1 supper
- Mineral water
- Tourism Insurance
- Entrance tickets for sightseeing destinations
- Explore and support the local community
In case of disaster, the trip will be canceled
Extra 10% security fee for international volunteer